Tonight as Cindy was in a quandary about what to fix for dinner, I suggested waffles.
Kenner's face lit up, and when I asked Ally she also nodded and grinned ferociously.
Cindy got out the Bisquick, and I opened a couple cupboards in my search for the waffle iron.
Cindy watched for a second, then felt the need to comment.
'It's been TWO YEARS!' she cooed, her tone edged with the finest Damascus steel. Yeah, I guess we have been in the house that long now.
The sarcasm having sharpened my senses, I said, 'Ahh....it is in one of the cupboards with a shelf that pulls out!'
Rolling her eyes, she turned to Ally and sweetly asked, 'Ally, where is the waffle iron?'
Ally beelined to a lower-level cupboard, opened the door, pulled out the shelf and pointed proudly.
Cindy put out her hand and they exchanged a high-five.
This is kinda how Cindy looked at that moment (in terms of facial expressions only....and in the context of "The Karate Kid" final scene.....)
Ah, the proud look of Mr. MiyaGI!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Show-off!
Posted by daddo at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Floyd Family! This is Ali Lalor (used to be Floyd). I enjoy your updates! ps, my family is loving their new little addition! I am so happy that Benson has a kid around that is his age. He used to play with the dogs, now he has a brother!
I couldn't sleep, so I checked our kids' blogs and then hopped right over to yours. You are so funny. You have an amazing gift. I miss your family. Loved the pictures you inserted.
Love
Tamlee
bahaha! I loved this post! At least once a week Jed asks me where something is in our apartment. At first I was fine with it because I had to unpack everything while Jed started his job on base.....BUT we've been here 10 months! :O)
Well, kids do get into everything, so they ought to know where things are! I love the Miagi face! hee hee
Post a Comment