Cindy just called to say that our yard is like 'Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.'
On Sunday morning Cindy was shedding tears over the impending fate of the big, cute raccoon we trapped in the cornpatch. She was heartbroken over what was going to happen to the coon.
But what a difference a couple days make!
Just 10 minutes ago Cameron came rushing into the house, and blurted to Cindy, 'THERE'S A BLACK SNAKE IN OUR YARD!! CAN I SHOOT IT?'
With nary a hesitation, Cindy replied, 'YES!'
By phone I have just been informed that Cameron, David and 2 BB guns have done the trick. The snake has passed on. Yes, the snake is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet it's maker. It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an ex-snake!
(Bonus points for recognizing the source of the above eulogy.)
Maybe Cameron will skin it and put it on his wall like the rattlesnake skin of the snake he and his cousin killed in CA.....??
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Calling Marlin Perkins! Calling Marlin Perkins!
Posted by daddo at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I see your husband is a Monty Python fan too,Cindy! My husband, Jim loves John Cleese, especially from The Fawlty Towers days....but then Jim is a Brit also ;)
When we first moved into our house, my 2 year old (at the time) daughter ran in the house from playing in the backyard, yelling "there's a REALLY big bug outside, Mom!" To my horror, I looked out and saw what looked like a baby rattler! I hate snakes! Yikes! Too bad I didn't have a boy w/ a BB gun back then!
Post a Comment