A couple days ago Ally had a loose chunk of a toenail that needed to be clipped off.
Cindy had tried to do it the night before, but Ally had steadfastly refused to provide access.
So the next morning I got a goor bearhug on Ally and gave her her favorite stuffed animal (a dog of all things!) and then Cindy grabbed the clippers to perform the toenailendectomy.
Ally starting crying frantically. Tears streamed down her face and her body was a frenzy of squirms.
Naturally, Cindy had yet to even touch her toenail.
I grabbed her tighter to immobilize her and cut off her view of the offending toenail, and Cindy clamped onto her foot and after enduring a couple more spastic squirms she was able to cut it off.
Ally continued to piteously cry after the fact, so I attempted to console her. Hearking back to a recent movie, I crooned, ‘Ally, do you think that the guy that had to cut his own arm off cried?’
I don’t know if it consoled her, but it did make Cindy break out into uncontrollable laughter.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Daddo's Always Know the Best Soothing Words of Comfort
Posted by daddo at 10:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment