Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Da Birds and Da Bees

So this morning Erin was being her usual goofy, semi-irritating self, and at one point I interjected, 'Ya know, Erin, you kids could really see how fun, happy, and nice your parents are if you would all be fun, happy and nice to each other.'
Erin got a huge goofy grin on her face and in loud mischievous sing-song tones she said, 'Oh DaaaAAd, YOU'RE the one who got Mom pregnant!!' [and thus ended up with Erin and the rest of the kids]
She then tacked on, 'Oh YEAH Dad, I've been on THAT FIELD TRIP!' [I.e., she knows the facts of life.]
SHe then added in an even louder, even more silly voice, 'Yep, that's RIGHT!....I've taken a BUS to THAT neighborhood!'

Yes, it is possible to chuckle uncontrollably while rolling one's eyes in despair.

Yes, and isn't it nice that she thinks that everything she does or ever may do is necessarily the fault of me and/or Cindy just because we were her birth parents?

Sigh.

I sure will enjoy being a grandfather some day....I hope my eyesight keeps up so I can read this back to her....

0 comments: