Ally stayed home from school today—she has been fighting a cold as well as occasional tummy-aches for the past week.
Before she and Cindy were to trek to Sam’s Club, Cindy fixed her a lunch of a cheese quesadilla (cut up neatly into 6 pizza-like slices) and some fresh strawberries. Ally ate 1.5 pieces of her quesadilla and some strawberries. She then announced, ‘I’m done eating. We can go to Sam’s club now if I can take a snack with me.’
Cindy replied, ‘If you’re still hungry, you need to finish eating your lunch.’
Ally retorted, ‘No. My tummy is full of my lunch—I need to take a snack.’
Cindy riposted, ‘Then you need to finish your lunch.’
Ally countered, ‘No. I’m full of my lunch.’
Cindy reiterated, ‘Then you need to eat more!’
Ally harrumphed and flounced to show her dissatisfaction, then stated, ‘Now you’re just being mean to your sick child!’
Ally then thought that Cindy was being even meaner as Cindy burst out laughing!
Monday, April 02, 2012
Child Abuse!?
Posted by daddo at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment