Friday, June 30, 2006

The Unkindest Kids of All.....?

As we pass the two-month mark since Allyson’s birth, it is time to pause and reflect on various reactions to her by her loving siblings.

Makenna: [Upon being gently implored to be Mommy’s big helper during the C-section recovery by being willing to run upstairs to get things Mommy might need as she recuperated on the downstairs couch during the day]: “She can crawl up the stairs! She can get Erin and Cameron to help her, ‘cuz I’m not gonna help!”
[But she really has been a very good helper, but I still marvel at how quick she came up with that response!]

Cameron: [After Allyson brushed his cheek with her fingers]: “She scratched me on purpose!” [Obviously he is assuming that she behaves like he tends to…!]

Erin: [Upon being told that she couldn’t have friends come over with a 2-week old baby in the house]: “I can’t have a friend over? Get rid of Allyson!" [The newness wears off ever so quickly!]

0 comments: