'Kenner has a new way of waking me up at night. She walks into our room, comes over to my side of the bed, and lays her head on my chest.
She then softly whines, 'I'm scared!'
That is my signal to get up and stagger behind her to her room and lay with her. Depending on how tired I am, I can be in there anywhere between 3 minutes and 4 hours.
Life is rough for a 42-year old dad!
However, Cindy is very appreciative of Makenna's new 'stealth mode,' as most of the time she doesn't hear Makenna come in, nor me leave.
Here is sweet 'Kenner during the daylight hours....
UPDATE! On Sunday night I woke up as she quietly came into the room. As she sidled over to my side of the bed, I pretended to be asleep, waiting for her to gently lay her head on my chest. She came near, paused for approximately 0.05 seconds, then roughly shoved me in order to wake me up. Just to show her my displeasure, I only stayed in her bed for 3 or 4 hours.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
With bowed head....
Posted by Erin at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment