Sunday, May 20, 2007

A pit by any other name smells just as ......

Erin and Cindy attended a ward 'Classical Recital' on Friday night. Cindy was a bit late because I got stuck in a meeting at work, so they ended up sitting on the back row. This ended up being very fortunate.

As Cindy tells it, during a singing number Cindy had her arm around Erin, and Erin turned towards her, sniffed a couple times, and then commented, "Are you wearing deodorant?! I knew you were! Gross! It stinks!"

Cindy sang back, "It'd smell a lot worse if I wasn't wearing it. I'll bet mine smell better than yours!"

Erin, ever an exemplar of decorum, then raised her own arm high and took a long sniff.

One of the duetists noticed this while looking out on the audience, and cracked a grin. Cindy hissed, 'Erin, put your arm down--Sis. _____ sees you!'

And out of further decorum on my part, I won't mention the fact that Erin's feet usually smell like a skunk factory.

0 comments: