Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A restful (?) 3-day weekend

Overall, it was a great Memorial Day weekend.

In no particular order....
1. On Friday afternoon we learned that church (and thus our talks) was cancelled, removing a lot of stress from our lives.
2. On Friday night, I bought Erin a bike, then helped a ward member move. The members there were in awe of my talk-avoidance powers!
3. On Saturday I helped the guy from work who is fixing up the house 2 houses up from ours use a jack-hammer on some concrete. (I am still kinda sore three days later!) I also borrowed his jet washer and cleaned up the driveway and sidewalks--they are now about 5 shades lighter!
4. Between Friday and Monday night I made 4 batches of really tasty beef jerky.
5. Cindy's parents arrived Sunday evening.
6. We got some long-needed rain on Saturday and Sunday.
7. On Monday Cameron and I went on a 4-mile bike ride--a little b-day present for him.
8. On Monday the kids went to their first semi-pro baseball game ever!
9. Cameron enjoyed a great birthday. I enjoyed the ribeyes fresh off the grill!
10. And now (Tuesday night), Cameron's left front tooth finally got loose enough for me to pull it out!

0 comments: