Sunday, April 22, 2007

How soon they forget.....

Last night Erin went to bed with a sore throat. She kinda blamed me, because I had been laid pretty low Thursday night with that and the chills.

Early this morning, Erin walked into the kitchen as I was lovingly making crepes for my sweet, dear, wonderful children (at no small sacrifice to myself, I might add--having dragged myself out of bed early, having had to trudge uphill while making my way downstairs, having had to first fashion a serviceable bowl out of wet leaves, (and please don't ask me about how I obtained the eggs!) etc., etc.)

She looked straight into my eyes, and in a quite matter-of-fact tone intoned, 'You know, I really hate you!' Obviously her throat was still hurting her, and she still blamed me. (Of course, there was a twinkle in her eye as she said this.) And actually, I think she was quite giddy inside, as this meant she would likely miss church--and she did!

So anyway, after church her friend showed up and Erin begged Cindy to let her friend stay. I believe the exchange went something like this.

'Mom, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!'

'Erin, you've been sick and you're still not feeling too good!'

'Do you think that what I have is contagious?'

'Hmmm....let's think about this.....'
'

Needless to say, Cindy's stiletto-sharp logic quickly silenced our little lamb. (At least it made her just whine, instead of whining and pleading.)

At least I find solace in the fact that, after the above, Erin hated Cindy too!

0 comments: