Yesterday Cindy brought the kids up at the end of work, and after the usual roaming of the halls and cubicles in search of candy (any bowl on any desk--even on a VP's desk--is fair game to their greedy fingers), Cindy drove off with just Allyson and a big elated grin.
I was left with the terrible threes, and after bathroom breaks for the girls, we set up the poles and went fishing at the pond.
Using hotdogs as bait, Cameron caught 2 right away, and then Makenna caught 1, and then Erin started pulling in lots of the little bluegills.
Erin (AKA 'I get bored with most everything really quick' Erin) had brought along a real lifesaver--her MP3 player--and she grooved to the music as she patiently waited for bites and even baited her own hook!
After 45 minutes, Erin and Makenna went off to play by the car, but Cameron was still fishing with real intent--Erin had caught 5 and he had only caught 4. (Makenna had also caught 5, but, as he pointed out repeatedly, that didn't count because I had hooked the last 2 for her.)
15 minutes later he was up to 8, and we finally headed home.
I don't know about the kids, but that was the best fishing trip I've been on with them 3 of them in years! (Even though Makenna did get the tip of a fishhook in her finger which drew some blood--see the post somewhere below about her being accident-prone!)
Saturday, April 14, 2007
A new year of fishing....
Posted by Erin at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment