At the invite of some longtime friends down the street, the kids spent 2.5 hours at a local church attending (Nazarene) Vacation Bible School (or 'VBS' as Erin is quick to remind you).
The VBS runs for 5 evenings and is cowboy-themed, and when we went to pick them up, we noticed lots of quaint signs, such as 'Satan, Bite the dust' and 'WANTED by God.'
The kids had a ball--there were games, food, treats, and crafts. On the way home, Erin entertained us by singing bits and pieces from the hip-hoppin' songs of praise, but, not surprisingly, it was Makenna who put it most succinctly, proclaiming from the back seat, 'I like Vacation Bible School better than our church!' The only thing that Makenna had a complaint about was 'They start their prayers too fast--I wasn't even ready!' (Naturally, we understand this, as usually we have to wait for her to get ready every night for family prayer.)
The girls have already invited friends to go with them tomorrow night, and Cameron is thinking hard over who he wants to ask to go with him on Wednesday night. (Does this count as being a member missionary??)
As for Cindy, Allyson, and I, we did the only reasonable thing and went to a new (to us) restaurant to try out their salads, and then did a bit of shopping.
Only 4 more nights to enjoy! I sure hope they don't grow tired of it!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Free babysitting!?
Posted by Erin at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment