Last night Erin came home from basketball practice at 9:15 or so. Having had a long day and needing my quiet time I directed her to bed. Nearly 30 minutes later she still was not in bed and wanting to sit downstairs for a while. This was our conversation:
Me: "No Erin. I really want you to go to bed. It is almost 10:00 and you will be tired in the morning. You will also be mad because you have not done your laundry and won't have anything to wear."
Erin: "That is your job."
Me: "I am not going to do your laundry if you don't take care of your clothes."
Erin: "Ummmm......who bought the clothes?"
Me: "I did."
Erin: (While pointing to her head [where her brain should be]) "U Huh! Thas Right! It's all up here."
As she walked away I chuckled imagining her going to school in the morning wearing only the clothes that belonged to her, because she bought them herself. She would undoubtedly be very cold!
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Ownership
Posted by Mommo at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment