Cindy called me at work today.
I could tell she was in the middle of cleaning, as she asked me where she could put certain items of mine that had somehow ended up downstairs. (I can't imagine how!?)
I, being stupid beyond my years, commented, 'You're really tearing things up!'
After a moment of silence, she replied, "No, this is what I do every single day."
Certainly with no urging from me she continued, 'Do you remember when I said that everything I do around the house would be like you working all day on a translation and then your manager walking by and hitting the Delete button and then saying, 'Please do it all over again' e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e d-a-y?'
Yes, I got the picture. And, amazingly enough, I DID remember when she had previously made such a comment!
And now I am recording it here for posterity so that I don't forget it ever again!
Hopefully, anyway.....
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Apt Analogy
Posted by daddo at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is a GREAT, perfect, accurate, and depressing analogy! That is exactly how I feel every day...well it gets old. Thanks for sharing..and just cause its recorded and in sight of others, don't mean its gonna change anything. For me it would mean a miraculous change in habit for five other people. LOL!
Amen to that!! I'm pretty sure I have had a very similar conversation with Brek!
Great analogy! Explains the life and job of house keeper perfectly!
Post a Comment