In the past month about 10 lots have sold in our neighborhood. We now have a house across the street (it just got sheet-rocked), a house to the right of us (framed but not sheet-rocked), and two lots on the left of us all staked out to be dug.
Sigh.
We were hoping to have a small neighborhood for a lot longer! (At the neighborhood party we had in late March (a goodbye party for 'Mr. Joe' as he was deploying) we had45 out of the 47 neighbors attend--and the 2 that couldn't make it still brought a dessert over!)
Fortunately, if they develop the next section it will be on the other side of the neighboorhood--not behind us--so we should have a couple more years of living on the "edge of civilization."
But I will add that the dumpster diving at the worksites has yielded some nice treasures!
Sunday, May 03, 2009
What housing slump?
Posted by daddo at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your neighborhood is so awesome that if we were in the market for a house right now we would beg you to let us come and be your neighbors!
I love your blog! I haven't been keeping up lately and a whole slew of new ones popped up. It's a great way to get to know your family better... or maybe I should just moved to your happenin' neighborhood!
Post a Comment