Schools can be hotbeds of verminous influences on our children, and it is especially insidious when it is something that is sponsored and sanctioned by the school.
If it were only cruelty to animals (such as cats, especially) that would have been more stomachable, but NOOOOoooooooooooooo, it school-sanctioned cruelty to the most vulnerable in society. Yes, I am speaking of cruelty to vegetables!
Over a month ago his school had an assembly, where the world-record playing card long-distance throwing champ (an Ohio native) came to the school to amaze and amuse. He deftly threw the cards and sliced through carrots, cukes, watermelon slices, and who knows what else.
It was an epiphany for Cameron.
He watched the guy on a number of YouTube videos to get the throwing method down, and then began going through a bag of carrots, a bunch of celery, and whatever veggie he could find.
And I must admit that he is pretty good!
But like any addiction--he just can't get enough of it! Though it has been a long time, cards are still whizzing around our house at all hours of the day and night, and it is really pitiful to see him begging to be taken to DollarTree to get a 2-deck pack.
All I can say is that I am glad he has now found a use for his Pokemon cards.
Anyway, here he is in action....
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Bad influences at school....
Posted by daddo at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I don't see how that is even physically possible!!!
Post a Comment