Sunday, July 09, 2006

Beeping Sleauty--Our geet little swirl!

I almost forgot this one....Allyson slept through the night on Saturday, staying sound asleep from 11PM thru 6:30 AM. Just as wonderful, none of the other kids woke us up during the night either!
Naturally, I had an inkling that this might have been the case, but I didn't dare ask, because even when I innocently ask about things that might have or might not have occurred at night I am often lashed by whips of sarcasm. Personally, I think being a sound sleeper is a virtue, and if that means that somehow I don't hear the babe wake up a couple times, or Cindy feeding and burping her, or Erin sleep-walking in, or Makenna coming in to have Cindy take her to the bathroom, am I really to blame? I think it must be genetic, and, therefore, not my fault at all.
I won't go into the pitfalls of a husband suggesting that the babe might be hungry! Not tonight anyway!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear brother in law...I think it IS genetic - in fact I think ALL men suffer this same delusion and ailment. Not only do the children wake us from our light slumber, but the snores and rustlings from the partner next to us as well. It is amazing to me how we women function at all on the little "sleep" that we receive each night. Thanks for the fun website and updates on your family.