Before I divulge the end of this warm-hearted utterance, let me just say that a child’s love knows no bounds. They take comfort in a heartwarming embrace from a loving mother, and even tenderly reciprocate at times. Such was last night. It almost brought tears to Cindy’s eyes. It was 10:30 PM and we had all just gotten home from Cincinnati and the kids were getting ready for bed. I came upstairs to help, and Cameron came running at me with a gleam of joy in his eyes.
I knew he wanted to tell me something important.
‘Dad!’ he said eagerly.
‘What’s up Camerino?’ I gently replied.
He quickly continued, ‘Do you know why I hugged Mom?’
‘No, Cameron. Why?’
He pushed his chest out and proudly replied, ‘Because I had a burp comin'!’
Based on his huge grin and his gleeful cackles, Cindy had apparently been able to squeeze it out of him successfully.
I tried to look stern and not bemused. I don’t think it worked….
PS: Cindy’s near-tears were likely the result of his Mexican dinner breath.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Finish the following sentence….’I hugged Mom because…..’
Posted by Erin at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment