Erin had a bad morning. She was all dressed for church and then she decided that she didn't like what she was wearing, and after trashing her closet not finding anything else (in her eyes, of course), she walks into our bedroom wearing her pajamas, emphatically yelling, "I hate church! I am not going to church! Church is stupid!" Cindy wisely didn't say anything, and Erin walked back out. Three minutes later she walks back in and says that she is going to church, but she was going to sit in the van. Wise Cindy didn't say anything.
Once they got to the church Cindy got out of the car, and Erin asked if sacrament meeting was over yet. No was the reply. 'Well, if I decide to come in later I will just sit on the couch.'
Cindy merely replied, 'I'd rather you sit with the family' and shut the van door and headed for the church.
Cindy was carrying Allyson and a lot of other stuff, so it was nice of Erin to hold the door open for her!
Erin followed her into the church and went to sacrament meeting and then to her classes as usual.
You see, as in war, as a parent it is important to know the enemy.
1. Erin is deathly afraid of being home alone, and thus will ALWAYS relent.
2. Erin is deathly afraid of being left in a car alone, and thus will ALWAYS relent.
3. Once she is out the door with whatever clothes she has miraculously found, the fight is already over.
Being a parent is learning to pick your battles!
And as Cindy lightleartedly said, 'Why doesn't she ever threaten to not come home?!'
Sunday, July 09, 2006
'...like a book!
Posted by Erin at 4:06 PM
