Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Shopping Madness," or "The Torch has Passed"

This is a true case of mixed emotions--Cindy got a 30% discount coupon in the mail from Kohls for this week (a good thing), and is thus planning to use it repeatedly (bad thing).

But it was actually Erin and I who went to scope out the sales first.

Yes, Erin is in need of basketball-worthy shoes this year. After 2 hours and 2 stores, we ended up back at Kohl's and because the deal was so good ($20 after the discount), I bought me a similar pair too. (Actually, we put them on 'Hold' so Cindy could come buy them the next day.)

And no, they weren't "girls" or "womens" shoes.

I got a size 12 mens.

Erin got a size 13.

Also Mens size. (She could wear a 12 comfortably too, but she didn't like the color, and the 13's also fit well.)

Tangentially interesting fact: When I lived in Nango Japan, I won the award for the biggest feet in that town of 13,000.

NOTICE TO ANY LOCAL BLOG READERS: In a continuing effort to maintain my life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, I would appreciate it if you could please refrain from making comments to Erin about her shoe size (at least within hearing distance of Cindy). I wanna live!

1 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm a fan of big feet. My dad wear's the size 16. I'm just a lowly size 11 (women's) but I've heard that the bigger your feet are--the more balance you have. Count your blessings, Erin!