Thursday, November 08, 2007

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Part I
While Cindy was sacked out fighting the flu yesterday, I was downstairs with Allyson, where I watched 'The Sixth Sense' with Allyson (or at least occasionally watching it while playing with her).

That afternoon while driving back from the new hole that is our house (see below), I told the kids about it, and stressed how it was pretty scary for kids, etc.

Erin;s interest was piqued by the storyline, and she said she would like to see it. I quickly pointed out that it had bloody ghosts, etc., and that it would scare the pants off her, and that even their Mom wouldn't watch it (again).

Erin sagely commented, 'Yeah, but Mom's a scaredy-cat.'

Part II
As Erin and I were driving to Kohl's (see below), Erin began expressing her desire to get her ears pierced.

Being a loving parent, I attempted to divert her attention, saying 'That's a girl thing. You need to talk to your mom about that!'

That failed.

Trying tack #2, I told her to talk to Cindy about how much it hurt--the blood, the scabs, etc., etc.

Erin rejoindered, 'Yeah, but Mom's a wimp! She won't even ride the wicked rides [at Lagoon]!'

0 comments: