Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Hulk Hogan of a father!?

Ally, for most of her adorable life has been a Daddy's girl. Even though I try to placate Cindy by reminding her that this also means that I am Ally's first draft whenever she has a poopy diaper, when she is being put to bed, and when she is being lifted out of the crib in the morning, there is still a bit of good-natured resentment.

You know, such as, "I carried her for 9 months and had to have her surgically removed, and yet she screams for Daddy when I try to get her out of bed after her nap time!'
Or 'I suffered from morning sickness for 3 months so I could be kicked at when I try to unbuckle her from her carseat when her daddy is nearby!?'

I was home all last week, and she was my little shadow. If she wanted to snuggle, I was there. If she wanted to get a ham sandwich for breakfast, I was there. If she wanted to play in the backyard, I was there.

Personally, I figure that dear ol' Daddy will be forgotten once she gets old enough to find out what a tight-wad I am.

So anyway, tonight I was laying her down to change her diaper before bedtime, and her head hit kinda hard on the carpeted floor. She started crying and told me to 'Go away Daddy!'

Since Cindy was in the room, I said, 'I'm sorry Ally. Do you want Mommy to change your diaper?'

Through her tears she managed to splurt out, 'No! Daddy do it!'

This led Cindy to comment, 'You could probably body-slam her and she would still prefer you!'

1 comments:

Lilola said...

I understand just how Cindy feels; even my mother liked Ronald darling best! LOL