Allyson, aged a tender 2 2/3 years old, was lying on the bed as Cindy was getting her dressed, and when Kenner walked into the room, Ally called out to her,
'Whaddya want for Christmas?'
With only a slight pause--not allowing Kenner enough time to rattle off, 'I want an official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle'--she then followed up with a twangy 'You'll shoot yer eye out kid!'
Cindy then asked her, 'Who are you? Santa Claus?'
Ally replied, 'HOhhhhhhh-HOhhhhhhhh-HOhhhhhh!!!!'
Maybe Ally watched 'A Christmas Story' a few too many times in the past couple weeks. (Fortunately we now have a Clearplay DVD player, so we can edit out the less-than-good language when watching it. She watched it unedited, but I'm pleased to say that she didn't pick up any of the salty language! Or am I being naive?)
I guess Cindy should feel lucky--Ally didn't have a boot on, and she didn't try implanting it in Cindy's forehead to push her down a Santa slide.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Nope, no Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring yet.....
Posted by daddo at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad your kids are growing up watching A Christmas Story (my own personal favorite Christmas movie) - you are raising them right!
I need one of those DVD players. I love that movie so much!!!
Post a Comment