Normally you would guess this is a post about Louis. Not so today.
Last night Cameron had a friend spending the night. When I was awakened at 1:30 AM I decided to tell the boys it was time for bed. They were in the kitchen and Cameron's friend was asking Cameron why he couldn't have any orange juice. Cameron didn't reply and being a little groggy, I didn't really care. I just wanted to go back to bed. As I waited for the boys to climb in their sleeping bags so I could turn out their light I listened while standing outside the door.
Friend: Cameron, Why wouldn't you let me have any orange juice?"
Cameron: Because it is expensive. Each carton is like $3.00.
Okay my lips curled up at the sides when I realized Cameron was just repeating what he has been told. We always have orange juice at our house but it is only for breakfast. It is expensive and the kids would drink it constantly. I just had to laugh though.
The saying is true...."The apple (or orange) doesn't fall far from the tree!"
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Mr Thrifty
Posted by Mommo at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it. They do listen! :o)
That is funny. It is amazing how much the children remember and repeat. They really do follow their parents...even if it something as simple as not drinking orange juice at night. Sometimes Rachel will say something to Spencer that I have said to her. It gives me a wake up call. They hear and remember way too much. :) Thanks for sharing that fun story. It made me smile.
You (and Cameron) are soooo right!
Post a Comment