Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Teenage Female Logic?

A conversation between Erin and Cindy this AM:

‘Mom, my body isn’t healthy.’

‘Oh? And why do you think that, Erin?’

‘Because I don’t wake up refreshed in the morning.’

Hmm, I remember telling her to go to bed at 9:15, then again at 10:15--I almost had to pry the DS out of her hands--and then I went to bed. and so who knows at what time she actually fell asleep!

Being so “grown up,” she wants to stay up until at least 10 o’clock “like all of her friends do,” but I have noticed that if she does turn out the lights soon after 9 PM that she is sawing logs soon thereafter, and she doesn’t seem to wake up any earlier the next morning.

So, she wants to stay up later and also wants to feel ‘refreshed’ and ‘healthy’ when she wakes up in time for school the next morning.

It sounds like diametrically opposed goals.

Maybe her mind is the part of her that’s not quite so healthy!?

0 comments: