Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pre-Teen Male Logic?

When Cameron, Ally, and I arrived at church on Sunday, it was pretty cold outside. Cambone got out first and trotted the 40 feet to the door as I was getting Ally out of her carseat. We arrived at the door about 1 minute later, where I found Cameron waiting for us--he was still outside.

'So, Cameron,' I said, 'Why aren't you inside already?'

He replied, 'The doorknob is cold.'

True, it is a metal knob, and it was a cold day. Then again, he spent a minute out in the freezing cold just to avoid getting his hand cold for a second or two.

In a feat of courage to save my son from freezing to death that could only be termed 'heroic,' I opened the door for him.

He sped inside with a quick 'Thanks.'

Ally and I just looked at each other and sighed.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Perhaps he needs a nice warm pair of mittens!

calibosmom said...

Sounds like my 13 year old son-how can a kid be so smart yet so ... mentally challenged!?