Monday, February 09, 2009

Domestic Feverish Goddess

As I mentioned below, Erin was home with a fever today. She spent her time watching Season 1 of Malcolm in the Middle, and when I got home she showed me the other thing she had done in the afternoon after she started feeling better--she made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!


And then there was the kicker--she had even hand-washed the mixing bowl, the cookie sheet, and other related cooking implements!

And they tasted good (even though she couldn't find the teaspoons and just guesstimated the salt!), the house hadn't burned down, and her mom's KitchenAid mixer wasn't broken!
I was very impressed! (I now need to teach her how to make cheesecake!)
Atta' girl Erin!
UPDATE: Further investigation showed (i.e., Cindy told me) that Erin only used the KitchenAid bowl, not the actual mixer, and that she dumped all the ingredients in and then began stirring. That would explain the consistency, but with at least 20 chocolate chips in every square inch, this minor defect was overlooked.

0 comments: