Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prayer Circus

A couple nights ago Cindy made a slam-bang dinner (not to be confused with 'bangers and mash' dinners), and as we sat down at the table the kids were rather animated (bat crazy), so I asked Cindy if she would say the prayer (I had said it the past couple meals).

She gave me a wry sideways glance, sighed, and then said something like, 'Thank you dear--for letting me cook the meal and say the prayer...too.'

It was the '...too' that did it--I couldn't stop chortling throughout her prayer and the kids also followed my example. (Of course, it didn't help things that Cindy took special pleasure in blessing the hands that were 'worked to the bone to prepare such a delicious feast' and other similar language.)

Whew! I just remembered what had been on the menu! Chicken bundles, pretzel/cream cheese/jello salad, and rolls! (It's hard to remember when she makes so many wonderful, delicious dinners!)

No dog house for me tonight!?

0 comments: