Friday, February 08, 2008

On her last flippers....

Cindy called me at work today to report the sad news.

Beauty, the goldfish that has shared our home for the past 15 months, appears that she is about to shuffle off this mortal coil.

All day she has been like this....



Cindy was kinda sad (she formed an attachment to the poor creature over the course of time as she changed the water and saw the look of love in Beauty's eyes.

Coldhearted me, I'm not too concerned. I have a quiet assurance that Beauty fulfilled the measure of her creation. Besides, we can always get another one for a quarter!

After school Cindy told Makenna. Makenna began jumping up and down in expectant excitement, clenching her hand and pumping it up and down, shrieking, 'YES!! YES!! I finally get to flush one down the toilet! Life is GOOD!' (OK, maybe I added that last bit....)

In anticipation of the flushing...errr, I mean 'funeral'....I found Monty Python's 'Dead Parrot Sketch' on YouTube, which contains perhaps the most touching eulogy to a 'bleedin' demised' pet e'er soliloquied in the English tongue. (It starts at about 2 min. 20 secs into the video.)
And coincidentally, the very beginning of the sketch even has a cameo of one of Beauty's (presumably) English kinfolk!

1 comments:

Mamapierce said...

That clip was highly entertaining. I haven't seen it before. :o)