Allyson was sitting next to Louis watching a Barbie movie (what else would she be watching?). When I came into the room Louis moved a pillow that was next to Allyson so I could sit down. Almost immediately upon sitting next to her with Louis on the other side she looks up at me and says rather forcefully, "Moov, Moov." In other words " MOVE IT RIGHT NOW! YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO THIS DADDY-DAUGHTER PARTY! YOU ARE NOT WANTED! GO AWAY!"
I said to Louis, "Where does this come from and why is it directed at mom? After all, I am the one who nursed this child for over 12 months, have wiped her rear end more times than I can count, spent endless hours rocking and holding her, take care of her day in and day out, bathe her, launder her clothes, prepare food for her, entertain her, etc., etc. So why at mom?"
Refusing to give into her selfish desires I stayed put. I'll show her I thought--it's wet willy time (without the wet...only the willy). Surprised to find a finger tickling her ear she jerked away with a loud "OUCH!"
I said to her (and indirectly to Louis), 'Ouch? Ouch? If you want to know what an ouch is, I've got a 6-inch scar across my mid-section from giving birth to you and you won't even let me sit by you.'
The thanks I get.....
Oh well. On the bright side....Daddy is now the favorite. Let Daddy hold her, take care of her, change her diaper, put her to bed, feed her, etc., etc.
Some things can be a blessing in disguise.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
A blessing in disguise
Posted by Mommo at 5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm still waiting to receive that particular blessing. They can be sat right next to Dad on the couch and I can be asleep upstairs and they will still traipse up the stairs and wake me up to get me to answer a question or be their personal servant! And it's always my name they scream in the middle of the night.
Post a Comment