So, tonight I drove Erin to a friend's house to deliver a blank copy of a homework assignment, and when we got home and walked in the door, I made the offhand comment to no one in particular, 'There's my good deed of the day!'
I then soliloquied further, 'As a matter of fact, that's about the 10th good deed of the day.'
Cindy, with respect radiating from her tiger eyes, adoringly asked, 'Yuh-huh. And the other ones were???'
I began enumerating the many acts of kindness I had done at work, at home that afternoon, and crescendo-ing my way through to the evening, easily making it to ten.
'See,' I modestly trumpeted , 'I did do a lot of good deeds today!'
'Ahhhh,' Cindy evenly replied, 'So you're saying you've been acting like a mother today.'
Monday, February 25, 2008
SLAM! Slam!Slam!Slam!Slam!Slam!
Posted by Erin at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You did do a lot of things to help the kids and around the house. Just so you know.....I did notice and I appreciate all of it. Thank you!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your house - you guys must be in stitches all the time!
I can see this play out in my head and it cracked me up. I think we should have an experiment and as mothers write down or keep track of all the "good deeds" we do in a 24 hour period. Shoot, we may be eligible for a Nobel Prize or something!
I can see this play out in my head and it cracked me up. I think we should have a little experiment and as mother's keep track of all the "good deeds" we do in a 24 hour period. Shoot we might be eligible for a Nobel Prize or something! (I do acknowledge that our husbands do many good deeds too...but let's not begin to compare).
Hey Cindy! I loved reading your posts. You guys are hilarious! Your family has grown SO much! It was fun to see them!
Post a Comment