Yesterday Cameron had a friend over and while they were also playing with Bryce, the neighbor boy, they discovered 3 mice in our egress window well. It is not the first time we have found a mouse in the well (Louis used the shovel to let it climb out that time). The boys thought they could do the same.
Fast forward 15-20 minutes later....
I am sitting with my visiting teachers in the family room and look outside to see them put something in the Cool Whip container that had been laying around from the bug collection they were working on the day before. (Whew...long sentence.) Cameron throws a couple of doused cotton balls in and the lid was clamped down. Suspiciously I inquired about what was in the container.
"We caught a mouse!" they said. "It's alive!"
I asked, "Where are the other ones?"
"Oh, they died. They are still in the window well. One of them got a bloody nose and we don't know what happened to the other one."
HMMMMMM..... I thought. More like bludgeoned nose and I can tell exactly what happened to the other one. As for the one that was caught "alive"....that condition doesn't last for long when you are confined in an airtight container with fingernail polish remover-doused cotton balls to breathe.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Of Mice and Men? (Boys)
Posted by Mommo at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hilarious! Mice make great pets, right?
they got some serious thinker brains. Sounds like a floyd act.
Post a Comment