Cindy called me at work yesterday and her first utterance was, “So, have you ever seen a chicken running around after its head has been cut off?”
Assuming that one of our more curious-minded kids had asked her about this phenomenon, I replied in the affirmative, that yes, I had seen a headless chicken run down the alley when we butchered some behind our house in Walla Walla as a kid.
“Good.” she replied. “Now keep that mental image and think of me, for I am that chicken.”
Yes, on this day she had friends over for each of the 3 older kids, spent 3 hours in the van doing errands, cleaned the house, and then in the evening she hosted a book club meeting that required quite a bit of prep time in the kitchen. And I am sure that she did many other things as well, which, if you were to ask her, could be related to you in minute detail.
Multitasking beauty, thy name is Cindy.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Wives say the darndest things....
Posted by Erin at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think all of us moms know that feeling! I wish I could have been at book club... my parents were in town, so it was kind of crazy around here.
You guys are such a wonderful family! I just love your blog... it's incredibly entertaining!
You know you love it Louis! C'mon you got to eat the leftovers, right! ;)
Post a Comment