Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And they're off!

Well 35 minutes ago my three oldest kids boarded a school bus to start their first day at a new school. The bus picks them up right in front of our house. They will be the last ones picked up and the first ones dropped off. I consider them to be very lucky.


We went to the open house last night to meet their teachers and find their classrooms. As far as first impressions go, they all seem to have good teachers. Cameron had to switch classes already. He is in the gifted program and they group all the advanced kids together. Well...there are 2 Cameron's in the 4th grade and the principal got them mixed up and put them in the wrong classes...Luckily we discovered the mix-up and got it straightened out during the open house. He is excited to be in the only portable unit (it even has air-conditioning.) His teacher is Mrs. Koenig. (Kay-nig)
Erin is extremely nervous. She came home last night really upset that she is going to a "really old school". She thinks she is not going to make any friends and that kids won't talk to her. She was doing better this morning. I don't blame her for being nervous though. I am nervous for her. Her teacher is Mrs. Reittinger (Write-in-jer)
Makenna on the other hand....I just hope she doesn't talk all day! She was bouncing off the walls last night. She is so excited. Her teacher is Mrs. Novellino. (Na-va-lean-o) She is young and seems great for a second grade.


They looked good this morning and I can't wait to hear about their day.
Erin, Makenna, Cameron, Seth (neighbor), Kyleigh (Seth's sister), Allyson.

Daddo Update: Regarding the "really old school," as Erin was griping about it during the open house, our neighbor (Seth's dad) told Erin that the school was over 100 years old. Trying to make her feel better and commiserate with her, I also chimed in, 'Yeah, Erin. That means that all of the kids that first went to this school are probably all dead now!' I'm not sure that made her feel any better, but at least I tried!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

First day of school pictures - love 'em! I hope they will adjust quickly to their new classes/school/teachers! :o)

jennifer said...

Congratulations, Cindy! ;P

Shara said...

My kids start school on Monday -- can't wait!!:) Glad to hear things are going well with the new school!