Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mothering lesson #1,997,364



When your child needs to be ready to catch the bus by 8:20 am and you know they are a "slow mover" don't continually get them up at 7:15 am thinking, "They will have plenty of time to get ready for school." You will have many mornings that end in fighting, crying and sad kids and moms as they barely make it to the bus.
Instead realize that if they are a "slow mover" then they should be allowed to move slowly. Try getting her up at 7:00 am instead and then you don't need to worry when she is just finishing her breakfast (cold cereal) at 7:47 am, after all she will have time to spare.
You will all have a much better day. Why didn't I learn this before today? Where was I when they passed out the manual?














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where were you? Hmmm...If you are anything like me, you were probably in bed, clinging desparately to those last fifteen minutes of sleep. I'd rather be more rested than move slower any day!

Anonymous said...

Where were you? Hmmm...If you are anything like me, you were probably in bed, clinging desparately to those last fifteen minutes of sleep. I'd rather be more rested than move slower any day!

Anonymous said...

Can you save me some time and mail me the manual? I would be truly thankful and I am sure AJ would as well!

Shara said...

Wait...there's a manual???????????