Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fishing, Part II

On Saturday morning (8-5-06), I woke up Cameron at 7:20 and we got ready and went out for some early fishing at the company pond. Though Cameron is a wonderful caster, he prefers to fish right along shore and catch the bluegills using hotdogs for bait. He caught a couple bluegills, then about 20 minutes later I heard a big shout and turned to find him fighting with a bigger fish, and I helped him pull out a 1 lb+ largemouth.
In the next 10 minutes he repeated this trick 3 more times. I know for a fact that #3 and #4 were the same fish, and I highly suspect that all of the first 4 were in actuality just one dumb, nay, imbecilic bass who couldn't stand to see bluegills getting a nice hotdog appetizer.
During the next hour he caught 2 more bass along with a number of bluegill (some of which he snagged with a bare hook), and he also had his line cut twice by what was either a large carp or catfish (there are a couple 3~4 ft carp in the pond).
We fished for over 2 hours, with Cameron going through an entire pack of hotdogs before he was ready to leave.
A nice father-son experience!

0 comments: