Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A little mishap....

At 6:10 PM, Kenner stepped on a small piece of glass on the floor which cut into her heel and got lodged under the skin. She began screaming and there was a fair amount of blood, so I took care of the bleeding first. She finally calmed down but she wouldn't let me dig around for the glass, so we ended up taking her to the local Urgent Care facility for the extraction.

Just to let you know how alert she was between her sobs, as I picked her up to carry her to the van she was already sobbingly calling out the seat next to Allyson--she was obviously leveraging her wounded status for as much gain as possible!
2 hours later it was out and she was fine. (She didn't like the novocaine shot, though!) For being such a good trooper, I told her we would get her some 'yucky ice cream.' She shot back, 'I don't want yucky ice cream! I want yummy ice cream!'

0 comments: