On Friday night I took Cameron and Kenner to the pond at work to see if anything was biting yet.
Within a couple minutes Cameron had landed the first one.
Then Kenner landed one with some limited help from Daddo (I only baited the hook, put the hook in the water, jerked to hook the bluegill, then let her hold onto the rod for a couple seconds.)
I soon picked up my rod and went off on my own, hoping with a kindly father's hope that this would spur Kenner to try to do more by herself--that she would pull herself up by her bootstraps and be self-sufficient. (That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)
And it worked!
By the end of the night she had caught two fish, having loaded the hotdog onto the hook, jerked, and brought them in without any help from Daddo. (I use the word 'brought' instead of 'reeled' as they were fishing about 2 feet offshore...)
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Fishing season arrives....
Posted by Erin at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment