Monday, April 07, 2008

A stitch in time saves contention....

Yesterday while listening to general conference via the Internet, Cindy got Erin started on some cross-stitching to help her pass the time. (There is more than one way for a kid to gain an understanding of the concept of 'eternity' during general conference!)

Cameron, seeing an opportunity to compete, also showed interest in this new craft, and he was also soon busily stitching.

When he came home from school today, though it was sunny and 70 degrees he plunked down on the couch and an hour later he finished:




(Cindy here...It is embroidery--not cross-stitiching. There is a difference. I also think that Cameron was not so interested in competing as he was in doing a craft. He is very competitive but I didn't see it this time. He has a knack for embroidery too. He is already planning his next "bigger" project.)

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love this and think it is healthy for a boy (and girl) to try new unfamiliar things. It looks great too Cameron!

Shara said...

Maybe Cameron could teach me a thing or two!

Deena said...

That is so cool!