Sunday, April 13, 2008

Messing up?

Cameron is quickly becoming crazy about doing embroidery. Since I showed him last week he has completed 2 projects. They are not difficult and only use a back stitch but he does them very well.
Makenna has been watching him and for the past week has been begging me to let her do a project too. I needed to buy another hoop since they have taken over mine. I got her a hoop and this afternoon I put her project together and got it ready for her.
After her first two stitches she said she "messed up". She handed me the project and sure enough her thread had come out of the needle. I fixed it and got her started again.
Anther stitch...."I messed up again." I fixed it again and got it started again. Another stitch...."I messed up AGAIN! UGGHHHH!" She handed it to me and the needle and thread were still together.
"How did you mess up Makenna?", I asked.
Her reply..."It keeps ending up on the bottom!"

We both got a good laugh when I explained that it needs to go through the bottom, then it goes through the top, then through the bottom etc. etc...

0 comments: