Thursday, April 10, 2008

Now THATS what I call a "GARBAGE" can!

[Posted by Mommo]
Last Saturday I made my trip to Target before it closed to buy the new garbage can I had wanted. I had looked several places, priced them out and thought I was getting a great can for a great price. It is stainless steel with a press down lid instead of a foot pedal. I was so excited for it. We used the can for several days before having to empty it. Many times I commented on how much I loved our new garbage can. I know...it is just a garbage can...but I loved it. I loved it until I had to empty it. The one flaw in design is the inner "lip" that does not raise up when you need to remove the garbage bag. I had been stuffing all I could into the can for days. Finally when I tried to take out the bag I could see there was going to be a problem. The "lip" does not allow the bag to come out without every single thing you put in the can getting stuck on it. By the time I wrestled the bag out I had so many rips and holes in the bag that garbage was spilling out on the floor.
This only happened twice! After the second time I called Target (which is my favorite store) and asked them if I could return a gargabe can I had bought 5 days previously, used since then, no longer had the box for but hated! Their reply....

Yes!!

We are currently using our old can. If you would like to see a photo of our "returned" can so as to know what NOT to buy you will have to check out the post below with photos of our kitchen and look near the end of the counter. (Sorry I didn't get a close up but at the time who knew there would be a reason to!)

1 comments:

jennifer said...

Yay for Target! I love shopping at stores that have a generous return policy for reasons just like this. Good luck in your continued quest to find the perfect garbage can!