Thursday, April 10, 2008

Radiance, Thy Name is Cindy

Before my talented nephew Caleb flew off to Hong Kong on his mission, I asked him to try his hand at making a sketch of Cindy and me. He kindly agreed, and I sent him separate photos of each of us to meld together into one.

I later found out that the photo I sent of me didn't have enough contrast for him to pick up all my rugged face contours, and that he was struggling.

Still, when I saw the result I am sure that my reaction was the same as anyone who ever saw Cindy and me together. "Wow! What is a fox like that doing with a balding geriatric-ward wanna-be? He must have a lot of money or something! Maybe it's blackmail!?"

Fortunately, our scanner cannot scan the both of us so I am just posting her result.



Caleb's equally talented mother, my sister, felt the same way about my half of the picture, so she tried us both with watercolors.

The result was basically the same, a rendition that recalls Esmerelda and Quasimodo. As such, again, only the better half is being posted.



In both cases, how I turned out was certainly not due to a lack of talent, as you can see from Cindy's results. I guess I will just have to live with the fact that my rugged handsomeness, as it were, just cannot be captured on paper.

1 comments:

Deena said...

You definitely scored on that one. :)