Saturday, October 11, 2008

It must be a female thing.....

We were at Micky-D's in the Playland area last night with our neighbor and kids (actually, she took her kids and all of our kids, and Cindy and I showed up a bit later...), and after being there awhile our neighbor's daughter came over to report that she couldn't find her sandals.

At this point Erin--who had been sitting with us adults--piped up to say that she had seen 2 teenagers come in a bit earlier, and had seen them take a pair of shoes from the shoe rack, leave quickly, go across the street to a car in the Arby's parking lot, then leave.

I had to leave with Erin soon thereafter, as Cindy and the neighbor waited to talk to the manager.

So anyway, on the way home I get a call from Cindy's cell phone and I let Erin answer. Cindy was obviously asking Erin for a description of these teenage hooligans.

Erin replied, 'Well, the girl had long black hair, and was wearing a black jacket with "Abercrombie" and something else on it, and underneath that she had a white shirt on. And she was also wearing blue jeans. And he had really blonde hair, and was wearing...' and continued with the same detailed description.

I was shocked and awed.

This amount of detail from the girl who can't hear a parent from 5 feet away, and is totally oblivious to anything that goes on in front of her unless it has frosting or Zac Efron or Hannah Montana on it!

Maybe she'll be recruited by the CIA?

0 comments: