Monday, November 24, 2008

I should never doubt my genius....

Makenna called me at work to tattle on Erin tonight—but in a chatty way, so I knew that no violence had taken place (Kenner has perfected the art of crying mightily from even the slightest touch).

Then Erin got on the other phone to deny what Kenner was tattling about, and to go on and say that Kenner had wanted her to do it ('it' being whatever it was that she said she didn’t do that she did).

In the end, they were competing, each telling me that they loved me more than the other one. I had a meeting to get to, and since they wouldn’t stop talking, I had a brilliant idea.

I told the girls, ‘The one who loves me the most will be the one who hangs up first!’

The phone lines went dead.

I grinned at my evil genius.

Of course, 2 seconds later my phone rang. It was Erin.

‘Dad, just to let you know, I hung up first! I love you! Goodbye!’

1 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Clever! ;o)