Erin, like many girls her age, is 11 and acts like thirteen (with the accent definitely on 'TEEN').
She had some chores assigned to her today, so as Cindy and I were telling her to chop-chop and get it done, she commented, "Why should I have to do it? I'm not your slave!"
I grinningly replied, 'And your Mom and I were not put on this earth to be your slave to clean up your messes either.'
She volleyed back with a grin, 'It's not my fault I was born--it's yours!'
Cindy calmly replied, 'That may be so, but it's not a mistake we can undo!'
'Not easily, anyway.' I added helpfully.
Erin then gave Cindy an affronted look, and responded, 'Wait a minute! Did you say mistake? Are you saying I was a mistake?'
We both just smiled sweetly back at her.
Actually, she was no mistake, but she is surely mistaken about what is and isn't slavery--especially for a minor!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Modern-Day Slavery 101
Posted by daddo at 7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love it.
Post a Comment