The kids have been busy writing up their Christmas lists in anticipation of Cindy's 12-hour foray on Black Friday.
Erin, for example, again wants a cell phone. We have laughingly brushed this off before, but she is very persistent.
Listen in on her conversation with Cindy:
Erin: 'Don't interrupt me Mom. Just listen to what I have to say. If I get a cell phone for Christmas, I promise I won't go over on the minutes. But IF I DID, I would pay for everything it costs for going over.'
Cindy: 'OK. That sounds like a good idea.'
Erin: With a newly spawned big grin....'Really? Then...then I can get a cell phone?'
Cindy: 'No.'
Erin: 'But you said it was a good idea!'
Cindy: 'Yes. You said IF you got a cell phone you would pay if you went over. IF you got one, yes, you would pay. And you're not getting a cell phone.'
Cindy has just finished relating the above to me, and just made this comment at the end, 'I just love spinning a web, sucking them in, then sucking out their blood! That poor delusional girl! Yeah, she thinks we're gonna get her a cell phone--she can't even keep track of her shoes! Or her toothbrush on most days! Or her backpack! Or her clothes! Or her earrings!'
(I would like to say that she said the preceding in a lucid, straightforward manner, but she was actually convulsing into paroxysms of laughter between each word.)
She continued between debilitating laughs, 'And on a totally unrelated subject, she asked for a razor to shave her legs today--heck, she can't even clip her own fingernails!'
'Erin probably thinks I am the meanest mother in the world!'
Probably. And since I am the one posting this, she will probably think the same about her Daddo!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Young minds thinking hard....
Posted by daddo at 10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You gotta have some material filed away for the future son-in-law to peruse! ;)
Post a Comment