Sunday, November 16, 2008

My first book signing


Yesterday my good friend, Miriam, and I went to our first ever book signing event. Richard Paul Evans, (author of The Christmas Box and many other great books), was in town. We had such a great time. He was so down to earth and I love hearing about some of his experiences he had while writing the book. He is an LDS author but his books are not LDS books. They are always uplifting and inspiring. He told about when he was writing a particular part in the book and when finished realized that what he had just written came from a higher power. He was overcome with emotion and immediately got down on his knees and thanked Heavenly Father for giving him these impressions.
If you have never read any of his books I would recommend all of them. You can check out his website www.richardpaulevans.com . He is also giving away free books. When you get to his website click on the link to the left titled "free books". He has boxes filled with 25 copies of "The Christmas Box". You only pay $15 shipping. My box is already ordered!

Thanks Miriam. I can't wait till next year. Next time we will bring our cameras like everyone else did.

1 comments:

amjatm said...

Great comment...much more detailed than mine. I edited mine a little bit. He attended our ward the next day with his wife. I was thinking may be next year he could speak at a fireside here in the Dayton area? What do you think?