Sunday, November 22, 2009

Family Proclamation Week




Tonight was the first night of our "Family Proclamation Week". Last week for family home evening we planned out several things we wanted to do as a family this week. I won't tell you all the things we planned to do (for fear we don't do them) but will share what we do end up doing.

We each get to take a turn having our favorite dinner. Tonight was my choice, Chicken Alfredo Pizza. While it is not my "favorite" it was what we had and I could use leftovers to make something tasty. That always makes me happy. The kids all helped by rolling the dough, grating cheese, cutting the chicken, setting the table etc. Even Ally helped by putting napkins at every place setting. Before dinner I set some candles on the table so we could eat by candlelight. We did this a few weeks ago and the kids loved it. I loved it too because it seemed like dinner was much more calm and peaceful. Anyway...so as we sat by candlelight I read some paragraphs from the booklet on Families given out by our church. We talked about how families are the most important social group we belong to. We should love and help one another etc... It was nice. Then we ate.

After dinner was the most anticipated activity of probably the whole week.


We are making a Pinata.




Call us crazy but we thought it might be fun.





It will involve several nights and will culminate at the end of the week. The plan is to make it a Snowman Pinata. We will see.






Makenna got to choose a dessert tonight. She wanted Pudding Cake. It is her favorite. She made it with minimal help from me and served everybody.




The evening was a mostly fun one. I am looking forward to the rest of the week and lots of great memories for our family.

0 comments: