So today is the day Erin has been waiting for ever since she was born--it gives validation to her life, and brings a smile to her face (a rather saucy, triumphant smile anyway...
Yes, she is now officially 5'11.5", which puts her a full half-inch above my height.
She is basking--nay, even reveling--in her new-found glory.
During church today she looked over at me, and gestured to her, then to me, then spread her hands vertically to express the concept of 'Yo, Daddy! I am taller.'
I can well imagine what comes next out of her fertile mind--Nicknames.
Perhaps, 'Smallo' or 'Mini-Man' or maybe even 'Little One.' (Sorry Alise--that may now be my nickname too!)
So I lost one.
On the up side, Cameron has been on an origami kick for a couple weeks, and can whip out cranes and other birdlife. One day I had the bad idea of showing him some of the miniature ones I had saved from my mission days.
Needless to say, that put him on a new mission--to out-mini me! Well, today during church he made a pretty small one, so tonight I displayed my masterpieces again next to his:
(Ahem....Mine are on the LEFT....)
I helpfully commented that he had made a fine mommy-crane that nicely complemented my newborn cranes.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Win Some, Lose Some....
Posted by daddo at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The second my son out grew me, he was overjoyed. He reminds me daily that he is still taller than me. Very cool cranes. I think we need a tutorial in mini crane making...
Post a Comment