Thursday, November 26, 2009

Howling at the New Moon.....

Yesterday the kids were out of school, and Erin was bored (gee, what a rare occurrence!)

However, some time ago Erin had gotten a pass to get into a movie for free, so Cindy offered to take her to the latest Twilight movie (I don't recall what the name of this installment is....'Day of the Living Trixie 2'? 'Yawn 2'? '10 Stupid Things Girls Choose to Do 2?'?)

ANYway, Erin wanted to walk around the block last night, so as we walked I asked her about the movie. She was still swooning.

She first explained the intricacies of the love story between the two characters, then she commented favorably (a bit TOO favorably in my opinion) about the leading man's "8-pack" (I guess vampires have abnormal abdominal muscle structures??), and then explained the 'cliff-hanger' ending (at least if you had never read the next book....)

Here was my favorite part of the conversation (aside from the part where we stopped talking about the movie....):

Erin: So anyway, there was the boy named Jacob, and he...
Dad (interrupting): What is Jacob? A vampire? A werewolf?
Erin: A freakin' HOT werewolf!! Bow-wow!!

(OK, maybe I added the 'Bow-wow' part!)

Fortunately she only wanted to walk around the block once.

0 comments: